Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pitch, Rhythm, and Melody tests

Found this great site. You can test your pitch perception, rhythm sense, and melody sense.

Audio tests


With both hearing aids in, I got
7.2 Hz Pitch perception, low-normal.
88% Rhythm perception, pretty good.
58% Melody - barely better than guessing.

With just the left hearing aid, I got 24 Hz on the pitch perception, which is beyond the "possible pitch perception problem" level. I am not sure what kind of accuracy I'll get with the CI.

Feel free to add comments with your scores if you try the tests! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to the tests. The AP test was fairly low (13hz). I use to be able to tune a guitar via harmonics which helped a great deal, but that ended a few years back... no wonder!
    Tone was 78%
    Rhythm at 68% but I get much better after getting liquored up at a wedding ;)

    I've been wearing Phonak Savia Art aids (binaural) for a number of years. They are the best that I've used, but they can only do so much.

    ReplyDelete