Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cancelled appointment

I jumped the gun on making an appointment to screen for candidacy. Doing some research, I found a lot of info on the differences between the devices. I changed my mind from Cochlear Corporation, and think I would prefer the Advanced Bionics device. It has "high-def" versus the old technology used by the other two manufacturers. Since the appointment I had was for a Cochlear Corporation-exclusive surgeon, I had to cancel it.

This link really shows the difference.

Here are some audio simulations of 8-channel CI devices. Hopefully I will get better audio than that with the 120-channel Advanced Bionics system.

Now I'm thinking of Mayo Clinic for the surgery. I'll contact them and see. The possible complications from surgery could include facial paralysis and loss of taste. Great. So I'd like to find the best surgeon possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment